Ecovative recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others (known collectively or individually as “Users”) who use ecovativedesign.com/forum (the “Website”) value their privacy.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Ecovative does not require that you register in order to view its products or User comments. Registration is required to use certain interactive features such as posting comments, following, receiving email notifications, receiving website notifications, participating in the blog forums, and in order to submit ideas and participate in competitions.
- Ecovative collects personal information when you register, when you visit the Website, or any time you provide information to Ecovative about yourself.
- Ecovative automatically receives and records other non-personally-identifying information (“Non-Personal Information”) on our server logs from your browser even if you do not register with Ecovative, for example, your IP address, Ecovative cookie information, and the pages you visit.
- Ecovative may use Non-Personal Information for the following general purposes: to improve our services, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- In order to participate on this Website, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on the registration form and require you to create a user name and password. During registration you are required to give contact information (such as name and email address). We may use this information to contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed interest. When you register with Ecovative and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, email notifications or promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter, email notification or communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Ecovative does not rent, trade, or share Personal Information with third parties except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We use other third parties such as a shipping company to fulfill orders, a credit card processing company to bill you for goods sold on our website, and an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf. When you make a purchase on our website or sign up for our email list, we will share the necessary amount of personally identifiable information as necessary for the third party to provide that service, including your name, address, credit card information and email address. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes.
- We provide Non-Personal Information to interested third-parties for purposes of understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Website.
- We use both your Personal Information and certain Non-Personal Information to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, or legal process served on our Website.
- If you use the Website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs.
- We post customer news and/or events on our website which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the news and/or event to post their name along with their news and/or event.
3. COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
- We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
- We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
- If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as the shopping cart and design scoring pages, will be limited.
- Ecovative does utilize tracking technology to better understand site traffic patterns and use. However, none of the information collected via tracking technology is personally identifiable information.
- As part of our tracking utility, we have implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These report rely on the same technology that informs advertising targeting on the Google Display Network. Ecovative uses this non-personally identifiable information to understand our audience better and inform communication and strategy decisions for our business. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Google Ads Settings, which will also opt the visitor out of non-personally identifiable demographic and interest tracking. Visitors can also take greater control of their privacy preferences through Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
- If you click on a link to a third party site, including on an advertisement, you will leave Ecovative and go to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your personally identifiable information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as Ecovative. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any other service provider from whom you request services.
- Ecovative may use web beacons in connection with e-mails sent to Ecovative users, to let us know whether and when the email was opened. No personal information is transmitted through web beacons.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can send us an email at email@example.com.
- We limit access to Personal Information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with Personal Information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
5. YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
- If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire to maintain an account on Ecovative, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the desired changes on account profile page or by emailing our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. INTERNATIONAL USERS
Ecovative may update this policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice. We will strive to notify you about significant changes in the way we treat Personal Information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Ecovative account and/or by placing a notice on the Website.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, and/or by email.